Wednesday, September 28, 2005

This is what I get paid for


I moved into a new house this weekend. Shortly afterward Sarah moved into my armoire.

So anyway. I now have two roommates, Katie and Sabrina.

Katie’s completely insane so we get along most of the time. Sabrina … well she’s Sabby. I also have like 400 pets all of a sudden, which is interesting since none of them are mine.

Katie’s cat, Jeremiah, I have an understanding with. He knows I hate cats. He’s okay with it. We nod disdainfully at each other as we pass in the hall and that’s the extent of our communication. But our relationship is based on mutual respect for our enemy. That’s why we get along.

Sabrina’s cats have a different philosophy. Princess, for instance, took one look at me and said, almost audibly, “Oh you hate cats do you? From now on I’ll sleep on your face.”

We cuddle.

So if you wonder why I haven’t updated in a while, it is because every single time I go to write something I find out I have absolutely nothing funny to say. I mean nothing.

It’s very depressing. I went back through my old posts last week, which was my first mistake. That’s when I found out that I used to be much funnier. Probably because I was more cynical during election season. I no longer get all worked up about politics and as a sad byproduct, I no longer have any edgy comedic columns to post. But hey, maybe I’m just in a rut. I’m sure I’ll make a comeback. How could I not? I mean do you remember how funny I used to be? Seriously.

In the meantime, here are a few fun facts to chew on.

According to http://www.md.lp.org/weird_laws.html, everyone walking on the streets of Elko, Nevada is required by law to wear a mask, and men in Eureka who wear moustaches are forbidden from kissing women.

Frogs have teeth.

The king of hearts is the only king with a moustache.
If you question my sources on any of these things or think you need verification that they are true…get a life.

3 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

No! Writer's block is the ultimate curse for writers. I hope you get out of it soon.

Hahaha... I would be greatly irritated if I had 400 pets suddenly decide to enter my house and claim it as their territory. Though at the rate my siblings keep picking up more "lovable" creatures that may become reality...

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger The Shadow Walker said...

Eh, think of it this way:

If you are trapped in the house during a disaster, you have food walking around...:)

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Cats are the least reprehensible kind of pets.

Imagine if you had to deal with 400 beagles, barking and baying at all hours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home