Tuesday, January 31, 2006

prayer

Lord, thank You. thank You that You’re good. You’re awesome. You’re wonderful. You’ve given me grace and mercy and peace and joy and forgiveness and washed away my pain and my fear my filth and my faithlessness. it doesn’t matter what i feel. it doesn’t matter whether i feel forgiven. i am. it doesn’t matter whether i feel that You are distant. You are not. Your word says so and i believe Your word.

thank You that You are constantly changing me. thank You that seasons of intimacy are followed by seasons of dryness. so that I never become complacent. so that I’m always learning, growing, changing, striving to go farther in and farther up.

thank You for painful lessons. for correction and discipline. thank You that it is not easy to serve You, but it is full of joy and reward. thank You that i know Your voice. thank You for Your word and Your promises, the only things that i can really trust. thank You for constantly and patiently reminding me who You are and who i am in You.

thank You for repentance, for Your blood, for making me hungry for You, for drawing my attention to my failures but then washing them away so i don’t have to live in them. for being the Great Physician, healer of my soul and body and mind. thank You for changing my thoughts about You.

thank You that You know how to give good gifts to Your children. thank You that i am becoming more and more like You even when i feel i’m not making progress at all. thank You for speaking to us at all. thank You Jesus for being Jesus.

thank You that you said “it is finished” on the cross and if it is finished than i am already complete in You. thank You that you will change my vision so i can see that completion and begin to walk in it.

thank You for showing me where my focus is wrong and how to set it back on You, the only place i can find the fulfillment and affirmation i need so much.

Jesus. thank You that You took my sin seriously. Seriously enough to die for it. i will not make light of it.

Thank You for being Jesus. And being alive. And being alive in me. for being greater than my situation, no matter what it is.

2 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger Rocket Surgeon, Phd said...

This is a lovely work here, Kathryn

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder...powerful and moving!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home