Thursday, February 17, 2005

Hey ... wait a minute, I recognize that!

The first photo is one I took in Iraq during a visit to an Iraqi family's home near Nasiriyah.

The other day I was browsing a photography web site (www.worth1000.com), which hosts photography and Photoshop contests.

I was surprised to stumble across the second photo in one of the Photoshop contests. It was under the category "When hell freezes over" (things that will never happen until hell freezes over). The guy who doctored it called it "Private Hilton."

He was then kind enough to send me a copy of the original (since I no longer had one).

While I was surprised to see my photo there, I was pretty amused so I thought I'd share it with you. :)

3 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Blogger Neemund said...

I find it rather enjoyable unexpectedly finding pictures of me or someone I know online. I've never had one of mine submitted into a photoshop contest though, except for one or two that I have submitted myself.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Are any of you other photos from Iraq posted somewhere on the net?

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Kate Robinson said...

There are some, but they are difficult to find.
I took about a thousand photos out there (that being my job and all), but I don't know where most of them ended up.
The one above was one of my favorites.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home