Friday, October 17, 2008

sometimes being awake is weirder

i didn't have any dreams on wednesday night.

i'm housesitting for some friends. they have a huge dog and they live in a less-than-safe area of town. they don't have a door knob on the front door... just a deadbolt.

usually i'm pretty comfortable in their house, what with the huge dog and all.

but wednesday night, after going to bed incredibly late anyway (i was watching El Dorado with John Wayne. I wasn't watching it with John Wayne. But he was in it.) i thought i heard someone trying to break into the house. that was at 1:09 a.m.

i blew off the noise as my imagination, but then about five minutes later i heard it again. for sure this time. and then a few minutes later i saw a strange light in the hallway. 

it doesn't help that the dog is so big that he moves like a person. i hope you know what i mean by that.

anyway, the end result was that i spent the rest of the night, or at least a good chunk of it, with a large axe handle and my cell phone in the bed with me, alternating staring at the ceiling, the clock and the open door.

so i didn't get the chance to dream anything crazy.

6 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow... that's crazy...

Ever figure out what was going on?

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger Neemund said...

So what's the end of this story?

 
At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I post something here... it hits Kate's email, and she goes Huh? Who the heck is reading this old thing...

And then I smile...

 
At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here I am...

Smiling again...

Yay!

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And again... I smile...

I wonder if she does?

I hope so...

 
At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A little birdie told me Kate may want to do more writing.

And I am doing more smiling...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home