Tuesday, July 01, 2008

phone number dream

in my dream last night i was with a person with whom (ugh. "with" twice in four words. not good) i almost never spend time in my waking life, although I did see her this weekend, so that might explain her presence last night.

anyway i was with her and her phone rang. she looked at it for a moment and said something about not knowing the number, then held it out for me to look at (as people do). the number was 777-717-7771. not terribly creative, i know, but i was dreaming and i'm not sure i can control that.

i grabbed the phone from her and tried to answer it but missed the call. "i know that number," i said. "i know who that is." then i sat and wracked my brain trying to remember who it was. I knew it was someone who had called me or another of my companions earlier in the day. i knew it was someone i didn't particularly like (i didn't dislike them either, i just didn't particularly like them) and i knew it was important for them to get hold of me, but i didn't know why. it seems like it had something to do with church.

anyway i repeated the number to myself several times and that's when the strange thing happened. i woke up. i looked at the clock. 5:45(ish). and i lay awake for several minutes repeating the number to myself and trying to figure out who the heck it was. i promised myself i would remember who the caller was and call them back later in the day.

i went back to sleep for a while, dreamed something else, got up, got ready for work and it wasn't until pretty much just now that i realized the number wasn't real. it was a dream. no one with an extremely uncreative phone number needs me to call them back today. duh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home