Friday, March 31, 2006

just an example of my rewarding job...

yesterday one of our brilliant agents emailed me a template of a flyer he wanted me to set up for him.

so i emailed him back saying, "thanks, mark, i'll get this started but i need you to send me an order form."

now let's keep in mind that "mark" has ordered many many flyers from me. it's always the same process. he's also emailed me many many photos, ad requests, questions about pricing... suffice it to say i've gotten dozens of emails from mark.

today he called me. the conversation went something like this.

him: hi kate, this is mark. i'm filling out this order form you wanted. where should i send it?

me: um... to me?

him: what? just to "kate"?

me: well... type in "kate robinson...."

him: what's your email address?

me: krobinson@.... just send it to the same email address you sent the template to...

him: oh the same one? okay i'll send it right over.

what?

3 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger C said...

Sounds like he might be down a few brain cells. Make that down TO a few brain cells. . .

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Matt said...

That sounds like a pretty typical conversation.

Really, you're asking for disappointment if you expect people to behave logically.

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger Neemund said...

What's really fun is when someone doesn't remember which email address I used to send them something, so they hit reply and then CC every email address of mine they have in their address book in hopes that I'll get at least one copy. Even better is the fact that every email address I give people goes into a combined inbox so my spam filter flags me whenever I'm getting 6 copies of the same email from that person at once.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home