Monday, March 20, 2006

starbucks


starbucks is my arch nemesis. i spend more money there than i did as a 3-pack a day smoker.

also the starbucks pastry case hates me. it just sits there taunting me. it knows i don't eat sugar. it knows it takes every ounce of self control to resist it. but as if that weren't enough... on sunday it goes from being torture in a glass case and at an exorbitant price to being free, accessible torture right there on my church coffee bar.

whatever, starbucks. don't pretend you're being charitable, donating your weekend markouts to a church. it's because you hate me.

i quit smoking cold-turkey. why can't i quit starbucks?

on basically any given day you can find me there, reading, or at the register cringing as i flawlessly order a ridiculously complicated cup of coffee that somehow needs 16 words to order.

what i really hate is when i have to enter "starbucks" in my checkbook register twice in one day. it's not pretty. if you were to read my checkbook register (what's wrong with you? why would you do that? give me back my checkbook) you would probably see, more than once, and entry for "starbucks" for $4.65, followed immediately by an entry with the same date for "don't judge me." $4.65.

ugh. i'm pretty sure in the starbucks vs. me battle, i have come out the loser. i have been tried, as it were, and found wanting. wanting that $100 per month i spend on coffee. for crying out loud... that's disgusting.

1 Comments:

At 1:07 AM, Blogger Neemund said...

You could save some time by filling out multiple checks at once. Or you could learn how to make your drink and make it yourself. I've seen that giving up coffee is usually not considered to be an option so I won't offer it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home