Friday, February 17, 2006

why did i even go?

7:05: i leave my house on the extreme north end of town. i go to texaco in the middle-south part of town to put air in my flat tire.

7:30: the attendant and i finally decide that the air pump is frozen and i will not be getting air. i go to shell across the street.

7:35: the air pump at shell is frozen. i go to sarah's house (at the north end of town), after calling and waking her up.

8:00: i drop off my car at sarahs where claire (being amazing) not only loans me a truck, she fills up my tire and promises to get it fixed for me today.

8:15: i stop at arco on the far south end of town to put gas in the truck, but realize my debit card is in my car. at sarahs. i decide maybe i can make it and start to head to tahoe. i immediately realize it's not going to happen but there's nowhere to turn around for ten minutes. finally i turn around and head back to sarahs. at the north end.

8:30: traffic is getting worse. i pick up my debit card at sarah's but not before loudly honking the horn in her quiet neighborhood by accident. this could be the second time i've awakened her and claire this morning.

8:40: back at arco. i finally get gas. i finally head to work. but now i've lost all motivation. i can't believe i went at all.

9:10: here i am.

total time to get to work from my house: 2 hours

2 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger Rocket Surgeon, Phd said...

wow.
Sounds like you were trying to defuse a bomb or something.

Is your tire fixed?

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Kate Robinson said...

gosh i hope so!

i have no idea. i'll find out in about...an hour, i'm guessing. when i get back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home