Thursday, March 09, 2006

these are things that i know

let me just share with you a few notable events and things you probably already know about kate.

an iraqi policeman once proposed to me and promised that when we went back to America he would leave his other two wives and all 12 children behind.

one time, a doctor tried to point out to me that there was not and old lady in my hospital bed with me and i held up my right arm and asked triumphantly, "well who's arm is this then?". 107.7 was my temperature when my landlord found me unconcious in my apartment in korea. that was noteworthy as far as i was concerned.

i get a disability check every month for a skin disease. what? i know. what if i were to get a disabled veteran license plate? then when i got out of my car people would wonder what leg-less old man i beat up and stole a car from.

i've been healed of a skin disease. noteworthy? most certainly.

when i was a child i had countless nightmares in which a kidnapper would come to my house, politely ask my parents' permission to kidnap me, and upon acquiring it, take me away.

i cannot whistle.

i am insufferable about military movies. i mean seriously. i am a geek when it comes to military movies. don't watch one with me. i will point out every inconsistency i see even if i don't know what i'm talking about. sheesh. i do not like people like that.

that stupid pit bull puppy is kind of growing on me. kind of.

i met a lady named kate on a subway in washington, d.c. she was carrying a t-square and she gave me her business card. this woman draws tuna fish for a living. i'm not kidding. pictures of tuna fish. she draws them.

i will turn 23 next week.

i met a man named faye who has been a gunner in the air force, an army photographer and a zooologist and had 2 strokes. he has killed a man-eating tiger in indonesia, saved two nearly-extinct species of birds and run the isthmus of panama 6 times over a 50-year period...2 hours faster the last time than the first. i saw news articles, pictures and a piece of tiger skin to prove it too. noteworthy? i should say so.

i have tasted the amazing grace of an amazing God. I am in love Himself and out i will not go.

2 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Blogger Janet said...

The Iraqi proposal was very unromantic. That's what you get for being pretty.

I cannot whistle either.

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Kate Robinson said...

aw...thanks daddy. you too. both of the above. seriously.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home